INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include:
- Personal Data: Name, email address and other Personal Data
- Usage Data: browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and the like
The information you provide is used to send periodic emails, and to improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties
We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all. The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your browser.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us via email at WalkingShadowRT@gmail.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
EFFECTIVE DATE: AUGUST 1, 2021
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these notice, terms, and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using Our Service.
BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU:
- A. HAVE READ THESE TERMS,
- B. UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS, AND
- C. ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
You must be at least 18 years old to access this Website or to purchase products and/or Services from Us. You agree that you are accessing the Services on Our Website for personal and/or business purposes. If you are using the Service on behalf of an organization, You are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and confirming now to Walking Shadow Readers Theatre that you have the authority to bind said organization to Our Terms of Service (in which event, “You” and “Your” will refer to that organization).
If you do not agree with these Terms, or are under 18 years old, please do not use the Services or Our Website.
Unless otherwise stated in writing with respect to particular Services offered for sale via this Website, WSRT abides by a strict, no refund policy. Please be advised that since we offer information products and delivery of knowledge cannot be reversed, if more than fifty percent of a reading has been viewed, we will not issue refunds. By accepting these Terms, You agree and understand that you are foregoing the right to claim any refund of fees paid for access and use of the Services offered via this Website.
CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
By accepting these Terms, you agree that We may collect, use and disclose your identifying information obtained as a result of Your interaction on Our Website, for the following purposes:
- Communication between You and WSRT.
Additionally when You communicate with Us, send Us information, or provide Content to Us, You grant Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights that You have in such Content, in any manner whatsoever, in any media now known or which may be created in the future, as relates to this Website, the Services, and related Social Media.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY STATEMENT
The contents of the Services, including the Website, Content, and other materials made available via related Social Media, are protected by United States copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and international treaties and owned or controlled by Walking Shadow Readers Theatre, or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
By accepting these Terms, You further acknowledge and agree that We and Our third party licensors own and shall continue to own all right, title, and interest in and to the Content and other elements of Our Services, including associated intellectual property rights under copyright, trade secret, patent, or trademark laws.
Except for any limited, revocable license expressly granted to you herein, these Terms do not grant you any ownership or other right or interest in or to the Content and/or other elements of the Services, or any other intellectual property rights of Ours, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. Any and all trademarks or service marks that We use in connection with the Services are marks owned by Us. These Terms do not grant you any right, license, or interest in such marks, and you shall not assert any right, license, or interest in such marks or any words or designs that are confusingly similar to such marks.
You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except where expressly permitted for the storage of downloadable material), create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content or the Services (including software) in whole or in part.
We may elect to terminate the Services on this Website at Our discretion without notice to You or any liability for any reasons whatsoever, including without limitation, if You breach these Terms. You may terminate any account You establish via this website at any time upon written notice to Us.
These Terms may not be modified or amended orally, impliedly, or in any manner not set forth in a duly executed writing or otherwise permitted by these Terms. We reserve the right to modify, terminate, or otherwise amend Services available via this Website and related Social Media accounts. We may, in the future, offer new and/or different services and/or features through its Website and associated Social Media accounts. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to these Terms.
Our failure to enforce any rights granted by these Terms or to take action against any other party in the event of any breach shall not be deemed a waiver by Us as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches. These Terms in all respects shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Maryland.
Should any part of these Terms be declared void or unenforceable, that term shall be severed from these Terms and such declaration shall have no effect on the enforceability of the remaining terms.
If you have questions, please email us at WalkingShadowRT@gmail.com
Effective Date: August 1, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Category A – Identifiers
- Examples: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Category B – Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Examples: Name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, fax number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, physical illness, mental illness or disabilities.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.WalkingShadowRT.com). For example, from submissions through our website forms or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, from payment or marketing services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our Services.
- To improve our Services to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with our Services.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting WalkingShadowRT@gmail.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at WalkingShadowRT@gmail.com
Contact Walking Shadow Readers Theatre
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive updates on upcoming Readings, Calls for Scripts, and additional Walking Shadow Readers Theatre content!